The Daffodil is the hardest working flower in all of floraculture.
Daffodils excel in all categories: in the bed, in the vase, on the exhibition bench, for breeding, for perfume. The breadth and beauty of the genus is awe inspiring, bringing joy and opulence to the Spring season. So many reasons to love them and we do.
We list hundreds of rare, historic, novel, competition, miniature, and species bulbs that are grown in North Holland and shipped from the States. Most you won’t find anywhere else.
All bulbs are grown in the Netherlands and shipped to you in October. We guarantee all bulbs to be true to name, healthy and viable.
The entire catalog is available for order through July 4. After that we aim to offer a smaller, selected list available for order through the fall.
Thanks for browsing and ordering at Qdaffs. Enjoy your time in the garden.
I was a first time buyer last year and I was SO IMPRESSED by the health and size of your bulbs! Its been a pleasantly chilly winter for us and a few of your bulbs are just now waking up.
Additionally your packaging last year was very much appreciated after many deliveries showing up in a disastrous state. The anticipation of flowers (and now 2022 additions too) keeps my spirits up during these rough times.
For the best selection please order before July 4. After that date the full catalog will close and a smaller select list will be available through the fall.
Ordering with us
- Returning Customers : please reset your password. This is a new system which has your account information but requires a password reset for security.
- Minimum order $50.
- Returning Customers may pay at checkout, by mail, or store their card under their account.
- You may add-on to your order by phone or email before July 4th rather than placing a new order.
- Orders cancelled after July 4th 2022 may incur a 25% restocking fee.
- All orders will be shipped early October 2022 via UPS ground. Or later as requested.
- We DO NOT substitute. We may suggest an alternative where indicated.
- We guarantee all bulbs to be true-to-name. We guarantee all bulbs to be free from disease, viable and of blooming size.
“Every year new forms become available, extending the already lengthy daffodil season.The season begins with me before Christmas , with a little white petticoat, and lasts well through April. Of all the little bulbs, the flowers of these miniatures are the most endearingly diminutive, the most daintily perfect in proportion, and the most delicate in color. When they are in bloom I feel as if I could not stop looking at them for a moment, and when they are gone I am almost ashamed of the sharpness of my regret.”
Elizabeth Lawrence, The Little Bulbs, 1957.
Narcissus : from the Greek "Narkao" meaning "numbness or torpor".
Daffodil : from Old English "affodyle" for "That which comes early".